Gifts Outreach Program
The Gifts Outreach program provides complimentary copies of Gifts to organizations which serve parents facing a new diagnosis of Down syndrome for their child, either prenatally or postnatally. We believe that the stories in the book provide a vital companionship and support for such parents.
Currently Segullah Group, the nonprofit organization which produced Gifts, is working in tandem with Woodbine House, the publisher, to provide a review copy of the book to appropriate organizations.
You can assist our outreach efforts by purchasing copies of Gifts and by promoting the book in your local area. Together, we can convince the world that the life of a child with Down syndrome is something to celebrate!
Please consider donating purchased copies to:
- Friends and family members
- Teachers and therapists
- Local libraries and schools
- Local hospitals and clinics
- Local Down syndrome support organizations
The following publicity materials are available as downloads:
|Email blurb (for informal contacts)
|Press Release (for formal contacts)
|Publicity Quotes (doc 28 kb)||Book Cover Image
(print quality ~ 241 kb jpeg)
|Down Syndrome Fact Sheet (doc 44kb)||Book Cover Image
(web quality ~ 76 kb jpeg)
( pdf ~ 56kb)
(pdf ~ 148kb)
Please help publicize Gifts by:
- Writing a favorable review of Gifts for our webpage on Amazon.com
- Contributing positive comments to our website feedback page.
- Sending the email blurb to family members, friends, and fellow members of your local Down syndrome community
- Posting the cover image and our website link on your personal blog or website
- Forwarding the press release and publicity quotes to your local Down syndrome organizations (encourage them to include information about Gifts in their newsletter or email list)
- Providing bookmarks or flyers for libraries and doctors’ offices
- Distributing bookmarks or flyers at gatherings and events sponsored by your local Down syndrome community