- A Bright but Welcome Spotlight: Attention to Palin Spills Over to Area Families Living With Down Syndrome
September 14, 2008. Washington Post
- At Home with Down Syndrome by Caitrin Nicol
preview article from the Spring 2008 journal “The New Atlantis.”
- Bearing ‘Gifts’
July 22, 2007. Read about Elizabeth Price (Chapter 43, When the Other Shoe Drops) and her son Jude in the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Beyond the Diagnosis: The joys of a child with Down Syndrome
June 5, 2007. Andrea Morehead of WTHR in Indianapolis conducted a 4-part series called “Beyond the Diganosis” series. Part 4 includes information about GIFTS.
- Choosing Naia: a Family’s Journey
October 3, 2002 Radio interview of Naia’s parents, the subject of the book “Choosing Naia.”
- Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers: Touched by Down Syndrome
(pdf; 2.7 MB) April/May 2008 Northwest Woman (magazine) interview
- Dad’s Admiration Makes Strong Bond with Daughter
December 8, 2006. NPR interview (4 min.) of David Warm and his teen-aged daughter Mary. Mary has Down syndrome.
- Dealing with Down syndrome
April 10, 2008. Ashland Daily Tidings newspaper article interviewing the Rogers family
- Down, Not Out (National Catholic Register; July 6-12, 2008 issue)
Recent advances in Down syndrome research and the Kennedy Brownback bill. Interviews Drs. Reeves, Mobley, and Skotko.
via YouTube. Short documentary film (4 min) of children and adults with Down syndrome talking about their dreams and what they’re proud of in their lives.
- Duo: a film by Alexandre Ginnsz
Movie (fiction) about a 12-year-old with Down syndrome and his crush on a 12-year-old girl violinist
- Gifts for Every Parent
June 01, 2007. Several of our GIFTS contributor authors were featured in a TV news story by Anita Brinkman aired by ABC affliliate WPVI in Philadelphia.
- Girls Bask in Their New Destiny: Cheerleaders
September 21, 2007. Washington Post story about a squad of cheerleaders, including a girl with Down syndrome
- Movie site for documentary “Up Syndrome”
Director’s portrait of charismatic childhood friend, who has Down syndrome. On DVD May 15, 2008, and through Netflix.
- Praying with Lior
Documentary Film portrait of a boy with Down syndrome as his Bar Mitzvah approaches
- Seattle College Program for Special Needs Adults
October 17, 2005. NPR radio segment on a community college program for high-functioning students with Down syndrome or other issues. (3 min.)
- Seeing the light: Mother of a child with Down syndrome says parents should enjoy the journey
June 18, 2007. GIFTS Editor Kathryn Lynard Soper interviewed by the Deseret News